R Kelly Still A Danger To Young Girls -Prosecutor
17 July 2019 Entertainment
Report says a judge in the United States of America has ordered R Kelly to remain behind bars without bail after a prosecutor claimed the singer would still pose a danger to young girls if he was set free.
Speaking in court on Tuesday, assistant US attorney Angel Krull told district judge Harry Leinenweber: “If he was attracted to middle school girls in 1999 then he’s still attracted to middle school girls.
“That’s who the defendant is and that, your honour, makes him a danger today.
“Electronic monitoring can’t stop obstruction of justice, witness tampering.”
She added: “He can entice victims to his own home.
Mr. Leinenweber said Kelly would have to prove that he was not a danger to the public under federal law and that Kelly’s lawyer had failed to do this.
According to the report,the R&B singer was arrested in Chicago last week while out walking his dog and faces a number of sex-related charges in the city, and in New York – which he denied.