NHIS Saga: 3 General Mangers,2 Assistant Managers,3 Others Suspended
The minister of Health,Professor Isaac Adewole says In furtherance to the activities of the investigative panel of inquiry and the desire to have an uninterrupted and robust investigation of all petitions at the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), including Security reports on Maladministration and Mismanagement by officials of the Agency,some senior managers are to proceed on suspension.
According to a statement made available to newsmen in Abuja that the Minister of Health has approved the suspension of the following officers, in order to pave way for thorough investigation.
The affected officers are as follow:
1. Mr. Olufemi Akingbade – General Manger, Zonal Coordinator South- South Zone and former acting NHIS Executive Secretary
2. Mr. John Okon – General Manger, Finance Account
3. Mr. Yusuf Fatika – General Manger, Human Resources and Administration
4. Mr. Shehu Adamu – Assistant General Manager, Audit
5. Mr. Vincent Mamdam – Assistant General Manager, Head Insurance
6. Mr. Safiyanu Attah – Senior Assistant Officer, Marketing
7. Mr. Owen Udo Udoma-Senior Manager, Contribution Management
8. Mr. Innocent Abbah- Senior Assistant Officer, Planning Research and Monitoring.
The Minister urged the committee to ‘’ to remain focused, fair and transparent in the discharge of this National task despite the sensation this development has generated.
The Acting Executive Secretary of National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), Mr. Attahiru Ibrahim has also been directed to ensure the immediate implementation of the suspension order.