This year’s Mtv Africa Music Awards (MAMA) has brought forth Nigerian winners in categories we are proud of. For the last 2 years, the Best Male and Female Acts have been won by Nigerians and this year is no exception.
After winning the Best Female Act 2015, Yemi Alade has done it again this year. With hits like Na Gode and Ferrari, it’s no wonder the Queen of AfroPop is really making waves.
Wizkid was topping the list with three wins in the Artiste of the Year category, Best Male Act and Best Collaboration on DJ Maphorisa’s Track.
Tekno also made the list winning the Best New Act award. Cheers to Naija Music
South Africa topped the list with 6 wins (Including collaborations), but nonetheless we got the ones that matter.
Here is the full winners list:
- Best Live Act – Cassper Nyovest (South Africa)
- Best Lusophone – C4 Pedro (Angola)
- Legend Award – Hugh Masekela (South Africa)
- Best Female Award – Yemi Alade (Nigeria)
- Best Francophone Award – Serge Beynaud (Ivory Coast)
- Best Group – Sauti Sol (Kenya)
- Best Pop & Alternative – Kyle Deutsch & Shekhinah (South Africa)
- Best International Act – Drake (United State of America)
- Best Male Act – Wizkid (Nigeria)
- Listeners Choice – Jah Prayzah (Zimbabwe)
- Video of the Year – Youssoupha Niguer Ma Vie (Congo)
- Best Collaboration – DJ Maphorisa ft Wizkid & DJ Bucks (South Africa & Nigeria)
- Personality of the Year – Caster Semenya (South Africa)
- Best Hip Hop – Emtee (South Africa)
- Best New Act – Tekno (Nigeria)
- Song of the Year – Patoranking ft Wande Coal (Nigeria)
- Artiste of the Year – Wizkid (Nigeria)