The Federal Government has announced that the next phase of the response (Phase 2) will involve a cautious but progressive easing of the lockdown across the Federation, with a stronger focus on high burdened local government areas (LGAs) within identified States of the Federation.
The PTF observed that in view of the progress made with Nigeria’s COVID-19 pandemic, there is no longer a strong need for a generalised lockdown as was the case during the initial stages of the response.
Listed Below are the recommended guidelines for Banks , industries and organisations
Banks and other Financial Institutions ▪ Banks to operate normal working hours .
▪ Maintain normal working hours based on curfew arrangements apart from government offices
▪ Offices to maintain working at 75% capacity, while ensuring 2m physical distancing
▪ Ensure provision of sanitisers and appropriate PPEs to all workers
▪ Limit number of customers to allow physical distancing
▪ Limit workers to 75% or less to allow physical distancing
▪ Banking operations should prioritise the elderly, people living with disabilities and customers who do not have access to internet services
▪ Mandatory use of non-medical face mask
▪ Encourage online banking and provide services
▪ Temperature checks
▪ Ensure all ATMs are functional and cleaned daily