President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of 12 new Justices for the Court of Appeal, 9 for the Federal High Court and 7 for the Federal Capital Territory High Court.
This was made known in a statement by NJC Director, Information,SojiOye, in Abuja,.
Here Below is The Full List:
The twelve (12) Justices approved for the Court of Appeal are:-
1. Hon. (Mr) Justice P. A. Mahmud
2. Hon. (Mr) Justice F. O. Ojo
3. Hon. (Mr) Justice I. A. Andenyangsto
4. Hon. (Mr) Justice G. O. Kolawole
5. Hon. (Mr) Justice B. B. Aliyu
6. Hon. (Mr) JusticeEbiowei Tobi
7. Hon. (Mr) Justice J. G. Abundaga
8. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. S. Umar
9. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. M. Talba
10. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. M. Bayero
11. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. M. Lamido
12. Hon. (Mr) Justice M. B. Idris
The following nine (9) Judges were approved for the Federal High Court:-
1. Sunday BasseyOnu
2. Mrs.AdefunmilolaAdekemi Demi-Ajayi
3. Hon. (Mr) Justice Peter O. Lifu
5. Sa’adatu Ibrahim Mark (Mrs)
6. MobolajiOlubukola Olajuwon
9. Nkeonye Evelyn Maha
The President approved Seven (7) Judges for the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory as follows:-
1. Binta Mohammed
3. GabaVenchak Simon
4. Babangida Hassan
5. AkobiIyabeni Anna
6. Samirah Umar Bature
7. AsmauAkanbi Yusuf
The Justices of the Court of Appeal will be sworn-in by the Hon. Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman, National Judicial Council, Hon. (Mr) Justice W. S. N. Onnoghen, GCON, on Friday 22nd June, 2018, by 10.00 am.
Those appointed for the Federal High Court will be sworn-in on Monday 25th June, 2018, at 2.00 pm, and Judges appointed for the High Court of the FCTare to be sworn-in on Tuesday, 26th June, 2018, by 2.00 pm at the Main Hall of the Court Room of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.