9 Tips On How To Dress For Harmattan
Yes,the Harmattan season is here again, which is characterised by cold, dust, dryness, extremely hot and harsh weather. And of course that means we have to pay attention to our body, particular to what we put on this period. Though dressing appropriately during this season can be a little bit difficult because it’s usually very cold in the morning and then extremely hot during the day.
Apart from this, harmattan poses a risk to our skin if it is not well protected from the harsh weather.
It is good to note that, the type of clothes you should wear during this period should be insulators. Your body must be insulated from the cold. The dress should be one that attracts and keeps heat to your body rather than one that makes you lose heat.
YOU CAN ALSO READ Top 10 Tips To Protect Your Hair This Harmattan
So to prevent your skin from cracking and drying for the next to 2 to 3 months(November ending to early January),here are 9 tips on how to dress for hamattan.
1. Wool based materials: these are good clothes for this period and you can wear them on top or under your shirt or blouse.
2.Wearing a double or triple layer clothing is also a way you can stay immuned to the harmattan cold, particularly those who are normally required to wear cotton based materials to work and can’t put on a sweater.
3.Long Sleeves clothes: These are suitable for this season as they cover your arms preventing direct contact with the dry air. So go get Jackets, blazers, and cardigan, so even if the weather does get hot, you can easily take them off.
4. Below the knee dresses and skirts: For ladies, this is no time for flaunting hot or sexy legs because the longer the dresses and skirts the better. It will help prevent your legs from turning white which can be embarrassing and not sexy at all.
5 Headgear: One of the recent trends is the head gear, we have them in various shapes and colours. This can help prevent dust from getting into your scalp or your hair because with the harmattan wind comes parching dust. This also applies to the guys as well(face caps).
6. Rock Eyeglasses: Eyeglasses help a lot and they don’t have to be tinted. You can opt for clear frames, as long as they help keep dust from going into your eyes. In the case that dust does go into your eyes, rinse it out immediately with water, and pat dry with a lint-less cloth.
7. Let your hair down: This is very fashionable at the same time it gives your neck some warmth which would be a blessing in such a season.
8.Slim vest: On milder days, a long, thin leather vest worn over a matching turtleneck is a trendy alternative to a jacket. And it hugs your curves in the right places, try it.
9. Your Feet: Mind you Your feet are as important as your face, hair or body during this period. Try to Moisturize your feet after washing. It is required that you moisturize them several times a day.
Finally, Your shoes this season need time to air out (dry them in the sun) each time you wear them to avoid foot odor or infections.