Growing up, each day was well- thought out for you. School from morning till early afternoon. After school ,shower,lunch, homework and at the end of the day it was time for bed. Once you become an adult all that structure is gone; it is up to you to shape each day and get things done.
The power of weekly planning lies in the perspective and control it provides for your life; instead of drifting along, you give yourself a birds-eye view of the maze below, and harness your newfound freedom in order to do, be, and get wherever you want to go. It allows you to manage the day-to-day and often trivial tasks along with your long-term plans and goals. Think of your weekly calendar as an Attack Plan for Life: it’s where you hash out the tactics and logistics to make your long-term vision a reality.
You deserve to have a fulfilling and rewarding life . Not one of us are alike. You are unique, beautiful, and compassionate. Don’t allow life to take over. Live your life to your fullest potential and love those that are close to your heart. For you to start living a fulfilling and rewarding life you must plan your weeks and days around what is important and valued in your life. It’s the little things that matter, such as hugging your loved ones or taking care of yourself – both mentally and physically.
How to Plan Your Week So You Can Start Living a More Fulfilling and Rewarding Life
- Write down what is most important to you in your life. What are your deepest values and beliefs? What inspires, motivates and gives you hope every single day (even those days of stress and frustration)? What do you envision yourself being and doing 10 years from now?
- Create a schedule every Sunday evening for the upcoming week. Sit down in a quiet place in your home while reflecting on what is most important to you. Have a daily reminder, whether it be on your laptop or on your bathroom mirror, of what is most important in your life.
- While looking at your calendar for the upcoming week, have a pad of paper handy so you can write down notes on tasks, assignments, chores, time for yourself, and time for your family
- Decide what needs to get done, such as assignments, chores, deadlines, and meetings. Put all of this in your calendar. It’s important that you have a set time frame for tasks like going to the grocery store or getting something done for work. We tend to get distracted, so having a set time frame for each will help you stay focused. Understand that things will pop up unexpectedly.
- Create fulfilling routines. Fulfilling routines are routines that will help you live a more fulfilling and rewarding life. These routines are both for your personal care and also for rejuvenation
Think of different fulfilling routines that you can start in your life that will make you feel more relaxed, peaceful and happy. This may be walking in the morning, talking with your spouse at the dinner table with the television off, working out, date nights with your spouse, reading, writing, meditating, spending time with friends, or as simple as enjoying nature. When it comes to living a fulfilling and rewarding life, it’s important to have fulfilling routines that rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul .
Once you set what needs to get done and fulfilling routines in your calendar, it’s important for you to see this on a daily basis. you may print out your calendar and have it visible throughout the week. Since most of us have laptops, having the weekly schedule on our screen will be helpful for you to take a look at every time you log in.
Once your weekly schedule is planned and ready to go it may be helpful to take a look at the weather for the upcoming week and pick out appropriate clothing.Many people especially women start out on a wrong note from a wardrobe malfunction .Very importantly too, At the end of each day, reflect on what you enjoyed doing. This will help you be grateful of each day and ultimately live a more fulfilling life.
Live with passion! Good Luck