Everyone wants a long fulfilling life , legacies are an amazing way to keep living and keep giving. I love the quote below
The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
We can build legacy by eliminating behaviors and attitudes that dilute impact. It’s not enough to add positive behaviors; we need to eliminate the bad ones
- Lack of focus.
- Living the life others want you to live.
- Bitterness, anger, and fear.
- Urgencies that smother priorities.
- Defeatism. “It won’t matter.” really yes it will and yes it does
No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” CharlesDickens
So how do we build a legacy
10 simple ways to build powerful legacy:
- Dare to be joyful. Serve in ways that bring you joy. Angry, unhappy people leave sad legacies.
- Monitor your impact on others. What are you doing when you make the biggest difference. Do more of that.
- Develop and maximize your talent, strengths, and skills. Know yourself – Bring yourself.
- Do what matters now. Everyone who’s at the end of life says it goes by fast.
- Seize small opportunities. Big may follow. Stop waiting to make a difference.
- Start with those closest to you and the ones you spend the most time with.
- Bring your best self to work and family. Everyone has at least two selves. Bring out the best one.
- Think service not success.
- Relax. Don’t run around building a legacy. Run around making a difference.
- Elevate the needs of others over your own.
So which of these will you start doing today?
credit; leadershipfreak.blog (Edited)